For those looking to buy themselves a premium set of professional monitor headphones, the Audio Technica ATH-M70X is the flagship of the M-Series range and really are an amazing product.
The ATH-M70X are a closed-back headphone design which offers excellent isolation from external sounds - particularly in loud environments. They are ideal for use as monitor headphones either in the studio or in live situations such as clubs where DJ's really appreciate the clarity offered.
Technically, the headphones use 40mm drivers with rare earth magnets that are tuned to realise incredible detail in the sound. The M70X headphones are also tuned for extremely accurate sound reproduction - making them the choice for critical sound monitoring applications.
The 'circumaural' design ensures a solid and comfortable fit around the ears for enhanced periods of listening. The earcups also swivel by 90 degrees for easy, one-ear monitoring - making them ideal for DJ applications.
Construction of the headphones uses key metal components for enhanced durability - these will last you for many years.
- Type : Closed back, dynamic
- Driver : 45mm with Neodymium magnet
- Frequency Response : 5Hz to 40kHz
- Max Input Power : 2000mW @ 1kHz
- Sensitivity : 97dB
- Impedance : 35 Ohms
- Folding/Collapsible : Yes
- Weight : 280g (Excluding cable)
- Cable : (x3) 1.2 to 3m coiled cable, 3m straight cable, 1.2m straight cable - all detachable
- Connector : Gold plated, 3.5mm minijack with strain relief
- Accessories included : Screw-on 6.35mm (1/4") headphone adaptor, pouch