Recording mic on a budget?
The Tascam TM-80 is an excellent entry-level microphone for home and project recording studios. If you are looking to buy a first microphone for your home studio then the TM-80 offers great value for money.
This microphone is a condenser microphone with a cardioid pickup pattern. It is ideal for both vocal and instrument recording, capturing a detailed and rich sound from the source. A microphone of this type at this price is difficult to find so really worth the money.
- Die cast zinc body
- 18mm pure aluminium diaphragm
- Cardioid pickup pattern
- Frequency response : 20Hz to 20kHz
- Sensitivity : –38 dB ±2 dB (0 dB = 1 V/Pa at 1 kHz)
- Output Impedance : 200 Ω ±30 % (at 1 kHz)
- Max SPL : 136 dB (at 1 kHz, 1 % THD)
- Signal to noise ratio : 77dB